A step forward - we're hiring!
As our organization's mission and our reach into the community has expanded, we've found ourselves needing to adapt to ensure that the cats in our care continue to be served to the best of our abilities. Our volunteers can be asked to only do so much, and though our shelter will continue to be run and staffed mainly by volunteers, the Board of Directors is taking a step forward and looking to hire our first employee.
Second Chance Animal Rescue is HIRING for the position of MORNING SUPERVISOR
To work in conjunction with the Shelter Manager before and during morning volunteer cleaning shifts.
The hired individual(s) will be an hourly employee from 7:30 am – 11:30 am on select days during the week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) and weekends. The position pays $12/hour for up to 20 hours/week.
- Feed cats
- Give morning meds as needed
- Assist with handling special cases during the morning cleaning shift
- Ensure the volunteer cleaning shift completes or is on track to complete all morning tasks, start dishes and laundry, and ensure adoption floor is set for public hours.
- Comfortable with handling cats
- Able to give oral meds as directed by the Shelter Manager’s care protocol
- Capable of following directions.
We are seeking consistent and reliable individuals with good communication skills. Previous work with animals is preferred.
UPDATE: A person is currently training for this position. Thank you to the applicants and community for your support!