Adopt a Cat
Are you ready to adopt a cat or kitten? The adoption fee is $120 for cat up to 10 years of age, and $80 for cats 10 years of age and older. Adoption Applications are available:
- Fill out an online Application by clicking here .
- Pick up an Application at the shelter, then fill out and return by mail or in person.
- Download our PDF application here, then print, fill out and return by mail or in person.
We'll contact you if we have any questions and once the application has been approved or denied.
To be considered as an adopter, you must:
- Be the intended owner and primary caretaker. No third party adoptions are allowed.
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Have identification showing your current address.
- Have the consent of your landlord (if applicable). Written proof is required or we can call.
- Have the consent of all members of your household.
- Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide the proper care for your cat, along with yearly and emergency medical treatment.
- Currently own only spayed and neutered pets, and that they are up to date on their vaccinations (special circumstances may apply).
- Agree that you will not declaw the cat.
Every cat we adopt has been tested for FV/FIV, spay/neutered, micro-chipped, and will be up to date on Rabies and FVRCP vaccinations (depending on age). Per NH State Law we can not adopt kittens younger than 8 weeks of age.
Here's a partial listing of the available cats in our shelter - be sure to scroll down to see them all.