Adopt a Cat
Are you ready to adopt a cat or kitten? The adoption fee is $120 (or $80 for cats 10 years of age and older). Just stop by the shelter for an Adoption Application; or print out and complete an application here, then drop off, email or mail to the shelter. We'll contact you if we have any questions and once the application has been approved or denied based on information from your landlord (if you rent) and family vet.
To be considered as an adopter, you must:
- Be the intended owner and primary caretaker – no third party adoptions are allowed
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Have identification showing your present address
- Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord (if applicable), present proof or we can call.
- Have the knowledge and consent of all members of your household
- Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide medical treatment and proper care of the cat
- Currently own only spayed and neutered pets and they are up-to-date on their vaccinations (special circumstances may apply)
- Agree that you will not declaw the cat
Every cat we adopt has been tested for FLV/FIV, spay/neutered, micro-chipped, and will be up to date on Rabies and FVRCP vaccinations (depending on age). Per NH State Law we can not adopt kittens younger than 8 weeks of age.
Here's a partial listing of the available cats in our shelter - be sure to scroll down to see them all.